- + E’ Λουκά. 5th Sunday of Luke Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- Sunday School
- General Assembly following church services
- Altar Boys: Team Mark – Aris Roubanis C, Alex Roubanis C, Emilio Platis, Mateos Platis, John Convey, Dimitri Spiropoulos, Dimitri Stavros & George Stavros.
- + Σύν. Αρχιστρ. Μιχαήλ & Γαβριήλ. Synaxis of the Archangels
- Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- + Vespers at St. Nektarios in Covina 7pm.
- Panagia’s Little Lambs 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Greek School 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- + Νεκταρίου Αιγίνης. Nektarios the Wonderworker.
- Orthros 9:00 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am at St. Nektarios church in Covina
- Futsal Game 6pm – 7:15pm
- + H’ Λουκά. 8th Sunday of Luke Orthros 8:45 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00 am
- Sunday School
- Philoptochos Harvest Bake Sale Fundraiser
- Altar Boys: Team Matthew – Elias Eleopoulos C, Dennis Dalkos C, Panayotis Christidis, Alexander Eleopoulos, Nikolas Eleopoulos, Paul Dunbar, Andrew Girgis
Saints and Feasts
Galaktion & his wife Episteme, the Martyrs of Emesa – Saint Galaktion was from Emesa, the son of Cleitophon and Leucippe, pagans who had been instructed in piety by a certain Christian named Onuphrius and received holy Baptism. Saint Episteme, born of unbelieving parents, was baptized before she was wedded to Galaktion. After their marriage they remained in virginity and lived in separate monastic houses. Betrayed as Christians, they suffered martyrdom during the reign of Decius, about the year 250.
5th Sunday of Luke
Patrobos, Gaios, Hermas, Linos, & Philologos, Apostles of the 70
Memorial Services/Μνημόσυνα – Today we pray for the repose of the soul of the servants of God Departed Philoptochos Sisters, Demetrios Castritis (40 days), George kastanas (2 months), Vasiliki Kastanas (3 months) and, Eleni Kastanas (3 months). May their memory be eternal.
Σήμερα προσευχόμαστε υπέρ αναπαύσεως της ψυχής των κεκοιμημένων δούλων του Θεού αποδημήσαντα Mέλη της Φιλοπτώχου, Δημητρίου Καστρίτη (40 ημέρες), Γεωργίου Καστανά (2 μήνες), Βασιλικής Καστανά (3 μήνες) και Ελένης Καστανά (3 μήνες). Αιωνία σας η μνήμη αξιομακάριστοι και αείμνηστοι αδελφοί ημών.
Social Hour – Sponsored by Philoptochos, Flora Yakos Castritis & Tryfon Castritis, Bill & Paris Kastanas.
General Assembly – On Sunday, November 5, 2017, following church services we will have our general assembly. Stewards in Good Standing and current are defined as: Stewards who have pledged in 2017 and have paid at least three-quarters (75%) of your pledge amount. Are you a “Steward in Good Standing”? If you are not, please take the necessary steps to be able to participate in the General Assembly and upcoming Parish Council Elections. Remember this Church belongs to YOU.
GOYA Beach Day – Immediately after Divine Liturgy on November 5, we will travel to Seal Beach for a clean-up project and then have some fun with kite flying. Lunch will be provided and all Goyans are welcomed! This event will be in lieu of our regular monthly meeting. To participate, please RSVP to email@example.com.
- On Sunday, November 5, a second tray will be passed in church and all proceeds will benefit the Ecumenical Patriarchate; its programs and charities.
- Our Philoptochos Society is having its Harvest Bake Sale Fundraiser on Sunday, November 12, 2017. Please come and buy baked goods. Support our Philoptochos chapter 4009.
- His Eminence Metropolitan Gerasimos and the Metropolis Philoptochos joyfully invite you to attend their annual Christmas Luncheon “Light the Path” on Saturday, November 18, 2017, at 11:00 am.
Trip to St. Nektarios Church in Covina – The Assumption Seniors have planned a bus trip to Covina for the Fest Day of Saint Nektarios on Thursday, November 9th, 2017 for Hierarchical Divine Liturgy and Lunch Reception. Bus leaves from Assumption at 8:00 am and returns at 3:00 pm. $15 per person. Please call the church office at 562-494-8929 to reserve your seat.
Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive – We invite everyone to participate in this year’s Panagias’ Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive hosted by Philoptochos. The Philoptochos’ goal is to provide Thanksgiving meals for 150 families. To be a part of this outreach and assist them in helping those who need it, you can sponsor a family with a $30 donation with a check made payable to Assumption Philoptochos, or bring a non-perishable food items and frozen turkeys to the church no later than Sunday, November 19.
Crab Feed – The Crab Feed Dinner Night will be on Friday December 1st at 7:00 pm as a fundraiser for the iconography in the church. Please call the office to reserve a seat or a table!
Bookstore – Come and visit our bookstore at the hall during coffee hour. You may also contact Zoe Falley at 714-366-0001 or Voula at the church office at 562-494-8929.
November’s Prosforo – Prosforo for the month of November is donated by Maria Tsalikis. Thank you.
Panagia’s Pantry – We are collecting:
- Non perishable/canned foods